Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bunmi from life

 
I had the opportunity of attending a demo of Rob Liberace's at the Woodlands Art League.  It was incredible!  I wish I would have know about the week long workshop that he did.  I left that night with new motivation and new contacts!  Annie Walker told me about a group that meets every Monday for three hours and paints from a live model.  I was in!  This is what came of that first Monday.  
 
 
 
Bunmi came in looking positively normal.  Like anyone you would see on the street.  She disappeared and came out looking like this!  I loved it.  She did a great job.  I hope she gets put on the schedule again. 
 
 
She posed for 6/20 minute sessions.  Let me tell you those 20 minutes fly by too!  I worked on this canvas at home a bit as well as I wanted to get the purple of her head dress just right.  I did not want to loose the quick fresh quality that I had going though. 



The jewelry she wore was so fun to suggest. 

 
I can't express how great it was to be able to paint from life in the company of other artists. It has been over 20 years since I have been in a group like that. I'm excited to see what this does for my work.


1 comment: