Thursday, March 21, 2013

 
 
Faces and Figures Juried Show
 
Two of my paintings were juried into the National Exhibition,
Faces & Figures
The show ran from February 2 - March 8 at the Visual Arts Center in Punta Gorda, Florida
 
 
 
 
Pink Kimono with Pearls
16X20
 
 

 
Fall Color
12X24
 
Pink Kimono with Pearls was the end result of a 20 minute sketch from the Thursday am WAL Figure Group and Fall Color was one I did of my daughter. (previous blog)
 
I put some $ into framing these two paintings and they are glorious!  It was also my maiden voyage into shipping artwork for shows.  Thankfully I know a fabulous artist Annie Walker who was kind enough to share with me how she did it.  I now have two "Strong Boxes" that I can ship artwork in safely. 
 
I will be using these "Strong Boxes" to ship the following two paintings to another show that I was juried into in Dallas! 
 
 
"Ever Dawning Spring"
Called to Serve Series "Sister McQuay"
22X28
Caitlan McQuay came and sat for me in my studio for this painting.  I taught her in church for 4 years and absolutely love this girl.  She is now serving a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Colorado.  It was so fun.  She would sneek out of her house so her parents didn't know what she was doing and pose for 3 hours.  We did this three separate days.  I gave her breaks of course and we had to go to lunch too.  Her family absolutely love the painting and are kind enough to let me show it in the "Rites of Spring Show" at the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas.
 

 
"The Dying Swan Prepares"
16x20
 
Rachel Mead a professional ballerina who is in between jobs who modeled for three other ladies and myself in January.  This is a painting that I did during the morning we were together.  I finished it at home in my studio and can't wait to work on the other one I started later that afternoon.  She is a beautiful dancer and a wonderful model.  She has since modeled for the Thursday WAL group and has won them all over as well!  There isn't enough time to paint all the things I want to let alone the things I've been commissioned too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment